9.02.2011

Stowe Away


Earlier this week I received a call from the manager of the Woodstock Inn and Resort in VT that they were closed for the foreseeable future due to massive dammage from Hurricane Irene. I have stayed at this resort many times and was looking forward to going back for the holiday weekend. But more importantly, the devastation up and down the East Coast is heartbreaking to see.

Still wanting to head to the Green Mountain State for a spa weekend with friends, I decided to book a suite at the new STOWE MOUNTAIN LODGE. I had heard rave reviews and it looks so much like Beaver Creek!

The resort








The rooms (I made sure I got one with a mountain view).






The spa - heaven! 





What a stunning backdrop for a wedding! And one of our favorite photographers BARRIE FISHER took the pictures below and is based in VT. 







Whatever your plans, have a great Labor Day Weekend! 

9 comments:

  1. Wow...stunning really fantastically stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those wedding pictures are unreal!! Just beautiful......we were at Stowe many years ago but I am impressed with this gorgeous renovation..perhaps a trip up there this winter is due!! Great post, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me excited for Winter and skiing and SNOw!
    So sad about so much disaster from Hurricane Irene.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a fabulous wedding - and I adore her dress!! So many places were hit really hard - I just got my power and water back last night - 5 days without - it was really so very inconvenient!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate winter and COLD ....BUT, would love to go to Vt. I have never been up there and would LOVE to go. This resort is beautiful and the wedding pics took my breath away!!!! Thanks! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm sitting on a warm, humid porch in the dear old South, these pictures are making me swoon! That wedding dress is beautiful, btw. Thanks for sharing all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how stunning those wedding pictures are! Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy your vacation...this place looks divine!
    xo
    Sharon
    www.fashion-isha.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to Stowe in years. Now, I see what I've been missing! What a view!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should all flock to VT this fall and winter so that places like these and others don't feel the effects of Irene too greatly. Rumor has it that all the roads leading to the home we rent at Mt. Snow are impassable - our fingers are crossed that they will reopen very soon. Hope you have a great Labor Day, Kate!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete